Our school ethos is to create a warm, caring, friendly atmosphere where learning and willingness to learn are central. In this school, pupils of all ages and abilities are encouraged to reach their maximum potential in all curricular, spiritual and extra-curricular areas through the work of a committed staff, parents, Board of Management, Parents Association and wider school community.
With such an ethos we strive and aim that St. Enda’s NS, Kilnadur will;
- have a warm, caring and friendly atmosphere amongst parents, pupils and staff with communication being pivotal.
- have an ethos of hard work and fair play amongst all partners in the school community.
- be a welcoming place where learning and willingness to learn will be central.
- nurture amongst all those associated with the school a strong sense of pride in the school, its pupils and the wider school community.
- As a Catholic school under the patronage of the Bishop of Cork and Ross, carry out Catholic religious instruction and prepare pupils for the sacraments of First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
- be innovative, modern and committed to adapting to ever changing educational strategies.
- be fully inclusive and committed to helping every child reach their full potential.
- promote a rich and varied curriculum.
- have an active and committed staff, Board of Management and Parent’s Association.
- be a place where everyone will know everybody’s name and where all will feel safe and wanted.
- have strong community links to the Kilmichael and Dunmanway area and their surroundings. With such links, the community feels part of the school and the school feels part of the community.
- aesthetically reflect the natural beauty of Kilnadur and its countryside, identifying its local history and heritage.